Through this module students should obtain insight into different approaches to consumer behaviour and retail development.
- The store of the future
- Consumer behaviour I (buying decision processes, customer needs, the model of Maslow, customer motives, personal decision factors, psychological factors, consumer buying roles, the 17 life phases model, the new seniors as a segment)
- Consumer behaviour II (the correlation between consumer behavior and developments in society, life style analysis)
Through this module students should understand brand and brand DNA and bring it into a retail context.
- Corporate identity – product branding versus corporate branding – explain The Alignment Model by Majken Schultz and Mary Jo Hatch
- Brand DNA: Theory on brand DNA and The Design DNA Model (product-culture-user) - practical examples
- Branding: Brand failure and successes – brand promis
- Visual identity and design DNA: “The Core Idea” model – “everything communicates” and the relations to store identity and store design along with the possibilities in sensorial shopping